By reporting local delicacies and spices, we can extend the magic of travel for a long time. This is 1 months since I got back from Marrakech and I still have to issue revenue. Unlike couscous or tajine, it's not a recipe but a Moroccan recipe with saffron. Indeed, in our neighborhood passIndeed the spice souk, my friends have asked about me the user manual for use of saffron. Indeed, we must prepare in advance a saffron water by infusing saffron in a little water before using in a recipe or you may not perfume, or color the dish and thus spoil this precious spice. The saffron risotto won the votes when I proposed to publish a recipe for them to exercise, I take this opportunity to give you my tips you need this dish.
Prepare a water saffron saffron juice (also called saffron juice): Place saffron pistils in the bottom of a bowl. Place the bowl 30 seconds in the microwave on full power to dry the saffron. Then reduce the saffron powder, with a pestle or the back of a spoon. Pour over 4 tablespoons warm water. Let the saffron flavor the water for 15min. The saffron water is the easiest way to use saffron to flavor a dish.
The tips to get perfect risotto:
– Unlike other types of cooking rice, you do not wash the rice for cooking risotto because it is the starch present around the grain that gives risotto its creamy texture.
– You choose the right rice risotto special round, of Arborio or Carnaroli which contain a lot of starch for the same reason. The starch grain enrobera a creamy but firm at the center, texture not possible with a conventional rice.
– For the broth, the ideal (I do not even mention the homemade stock, I do not know who can find time to do these days) is to use a bag of broth poultry or vegetable Ariaké bouillon (jen Monoprix located in or on BienManger.com), it's a little expensive but it really sublime taste of risotto.
– The broth should be still be hot when you add the rice to cook not to extend its, what could cause it to lose its firmness.
– Add the broth with a ladle slowly until well as the previous ladle is completely absorbed to defer not to drown the rice, this is the principle of the cooking risotto
– For the purists, we must prepare the risotto at the last minute not having to warm it up keeps its firmness. I confess that I always prepare it 30min in advance to enjoy a drink with my guests.
Saffron risotto and baby vegetables
According to the first recipe passed down by my paternal grandmother
Serves 4 people
- 400g riz rond de pour risotto (Arborio or Carnaroli)
– 1 teaspoon of saffron threads
– 1 onion
– 1 small zucchini
– 50g of frozen peas
– 150g pumpkin
– 30g salted butter
– 1 white wine
– 1 bag broth poultry or vegetable Ariaké bouillon or 1 vegetable stock
– 6 tablespoons parmesan
– salt, pepper
Prepare the saffron juice (also called saffron water): Place saffron pistils in the bottom of a bowl. Place the bowl 30 seconds in the microwave on full power to dry the saffron. Then reduce the saffron powder, with a pestle or the back of a spoon. Pour over 4 tablespoons warm water. Let the saffron flavor the water for 15min.
Cut zucchini and pumpkin into small cubes. Peel and chop the onion.
In a saucepan, Boil 1 liter of water and broth to infuse poultry. Add pumpkin and cook for 5 minnutes over medium heat. Add zucchini and peas and cook for 3 more minutes before removing from heat. Using a slotted spoon, separate the vegetables from the broth and set aside on a plate.
In a frying pan, Cook onion in 30g butter, medium heat. Pour the rice and stir until the rice becomes shiny and almost translucent.
Reduce heat and add the vegetable broth with a ladle slowly until it is absorbed to recover, and for 20 30 mins (as directed on the package of rice) , stirring regularly with a wooden spoon until the rice is cooked (the texture should be creamy but the grains of rice still slightly firm).
After 15 minutes, Add white wine and saffron water. Add the vegetables only at the end of cooking so they remain a bit crisp. Remove the pan from heat and add Parmesan cheese. Add salt, pepper
Serve immediately with Parma ham.