The crisis in Greece almost makes you forget greatness and culinary history. To remedy such thing as a small bite of recall with the iconic recipe for Tzatziki. A real recipe for crisis inexpensive and very easy but immediately gives a festive air to the drink. So let's solidarity with the Greek, shake us belt sipping Tzatziki.
For a bowl of tzatziki
- 1/2 cucumber (or 2/3 if it is not very large)
- 1 Greek yoghurt (about 150g)
- 1 garlic clove
- mint, tarragon or fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
Rinse the cucumber and grate it (do not peel). Make disgorge in a colander for 10 minutes then squeeze with paper towels to drain well.
Peel and crush garlic. Ciseler la menthe, l’estragon ou l’aneth. In a bowl, Mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, chopped herbs and crushed garlic. Season to taste. Add drained cucumbers and let stand 1 hour in the fridge for the flavors to develop.
Serve chilled as an aperitif on blinis or Greek bread.
- Fines herbes: Choose the grass between your favorite mint, l’estragon ou l’aneth, I personally like to mix mint and dill in my tzatziki
– Greek yoghurt: You can choose 0% or. For a truly traditional taste, I recently found Total Greek yogurt brand Fage at Monoprix, Plus they have the good taste to be sold individually so no need to eat yogurt for Greek 5 days each time you make your tzatziki… ;-)