During a break during a long, hot day of shooting (a great project I will reveal all about in September), we talked about summer salads. One of the cameramen spoke about one of his mother’s summer lunch staple: the melon cucumber salad. Melon, cucumber, feta, mint: just 4 ingredients that I immediately noted in the back of my head. For the seasoning, just a few drops of excellent olive oil. It’s a super simple recipe, so fresh and healthy, that I eagerly tested and adopted. We were a bit surprised at first by the cucumber and melon combo but it’s really fresh and delicious. This melon cucumber may become the hit of your summer too!
- ½ ripe Alvaro melon
- 1 small cucumber
- 75g feta
- a handful fresh mint leaves
- a little good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the cucumber well. Remove the seeds from the melon and cucumber and cut them into small cubes. The simplest technique to cut the melon into cubes: first cut it into slices and then into pieces and finally scrap pieces into small cubes .
- Drain the feta and cut it into small cubes. Chop fresh mint ( I personally like to put a lot !!!).
- Put all the cubes in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Add salt and pepper. Cover with cling film and keep in the fridge until it's time to eat!