It’s been awhile since I last made a cauliflower pizza – I mean, a cauliflower crust pizza, and now that I am watching the French Bake Off every Wednesday I needed to find something to eat while watching other baking delicious-looking cakes. So this cauliflower pizza is the perfect option to make everyone eat healthy without knowing it!
So when I found this blitzed cauliflower in the supermarket shelf I was so happy: I could finally wrap up my cauliflower pizza in not time while I was taking care of my little one. But the result did not meet my expectations: the pizza had this very strong characteristic cauliflower flavour that as it is, is usually fine but that you definitely do not want in a pizza.
I was upset: imagine watching cakes for 3 hours with a not-so-good pizza in front of you… So, the next day I made my pizza again, motivated to forget the failed attempt of the day before, but this time I did it from scratch, using fresh cauliflower, lovingly blitzed in my Magimix food processor. And it was delicious! If I hadn’t known it was made with cauliflower I’d never guessed it! I understood then that the cauliflower I had bought wasn’t really fresh and had started to ferment in its packet, hence the strong flavour in my previous attempt. Here is the key to a delicious neutral cauliflower crust: use fresh cauliflower! But anyway, this gave me the opportunity to eat a deliciously healthy goat cheese and spinach pizza ;-)
Cook time: 45mn + 15mn
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 small head of cauliflower*
- 1 plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- salt, pepper, dried oregano
- 250g fresh spinach
- ½ pack of fresh goat cheese
- 1 handful grated mozzarella
- olive oil
- Prepare the cauliflower crust following the steps of my gluten free cauliflower pizza.
- Cook the spinach in a large skillet over low heat, stirring occasionally, until wilted.
- Place cooked spinach on the cauliflower crust. Arrange on top pieces of goat cheese. Sprinkle with grated mozzarella and possibly an olive oil if you are for something a little more indulgent.
- Bake in the middle the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with a green salad.