I am so busy lately, it’s difficult to find the time cook at night sometimes. But when my sweet sister told me about this cauliflower pizza I knew I had to try it out as fast as possible. So that’s what I did this week-end. I was amazed by the result: not only was it delicious but the taste of cauliflower was absent (perfect to trick your kids into eating more veg) and the crust wasn’t soggy like I feared. Pauline also noted that this pizza is naturally gluten free! And if you garnish it properly, you’ll a nice, healthy and filling dinner in no time!
Prep time: 10mn + 10mn
Cook time: 45mn + 15mn
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 small head of cauliflower*
- 1 plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- salt, pepper, dried oregano
- 150g basil tomato sauce
- 125g grated mozzarella
- 1 tomato
- 1 slice ham
- 6 olives
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Wash the cauliflower and cut it into florets, discard the rough parts in the middle. Place the florets in the bowl of your food processor and blitz until obtaining a tabbouleh consistency. Put the cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and twist it tightly to wring out the excess water (the advice of my sister: quickly wash the cloth otherwise it will end up smelling like cauliflower...).
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt, egg and mustard. Add salt and pepper then add the cauliflowe blend until well-combined. Add a little oregano or herbs to flavour.
- Place baking paper circle in the bottom of a pizza or pie tin. Spread the cauliflower base in the tin. Press it well with the back of a spoon to even the crust.
- Bake in the lower part of the oven at 180°C for 40-45mn, checking regularly the colour. The crust is ready when golden brown and the edges start to peel off the tin without tearing. If necessary add 10 minutes of cooking.
- Spread a tomato sauce, sprinkle with grated mozzarella then add the sliced tomato (or any cooked vegetable of your choice), ham, olives... Finally sprinkle some dried oregano and olive oil.
- Bake for another 15 minutes in the middle in the oven. Serve immediately with a salad.