The zucchini, goats cheese & pesto tarte tatin is clearly one of my favourite recipes for a quick diner. In 20 minutes, your zucchini tarte tatin is ready to be put in the oven and it will be cooked by the time you’ve dressed the table. All that’s left is to remove this beauty from its tin and voila, you get an amazing dish that’s going to impress your friends and family.
Now you can boast a little, even though this tatin is way easier than it may look! And it can also trick your kids into eating more veg, trust me, they’ll want another serving of this. This savoury tarte tatin will soon become a hit in your kitchen too ;-)
Watch the video (in French, but very visual so you should get the different steps) if you want to know more ;-)
Cook time: 25mn
- 5 big zucchinis
- 1 goats cheese buchette
- 6 tablespoons of pesto
- 1 shortcrust pastry (or puff pastry)
- olive oil, salt, and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wash the zucchinis and cut into large cubes without peeling them. Sauté in a pan with a little olive oil for 10 minutes over medium heat, adding a little water if they start stick to the bottom of the pan. When soft, turn off the heat and drain the zucchinis to remove excess water.
- Cut the goats cheese into thin slices. Line the bottom of a round tin with 3 tablespoons of pesto and place over about 9 pieces of goats slices.
- Mix the courgettes with 3 tablespoons of pesto, salt and pepper. Spread the zucchinis over the goats cheese. Cut the remaining goats cheese in pieces and add on top of the zucchinis.
- Prick the pastry with a fork and turn it on the zucchinis. If the pastry is larger than the tin, place the edges of the dough on the inside of the tin. Make a small hole using the tip of a knife in the middle of the dough so that the steam can escape.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C and then turn on the grill for 5 minutes to brown the dough if necessary. Let cool 5mn out of the oven (no more) then remove your tarte tatin from its tin: place your serving dish over the tin, flip the tin over and tada! you should have beautiful savoury tarte tatin on your dish!
- Serve hot or warm with a green salad.
- If removing the tatin from its tin scares you, you can line your tin with a cercle a baking paper. With that, you'll definitely get the most beautiful tarte tatin!